Ok here it is since you're making a song and dance about it,...

1. 5,265 Posts.
    Ok here it is since you're making a song and dance about it, that they work for the common goal of spreading the gospel and building up the body of Christ.

Galatians 2:7 says, "On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised."

This verse is part of a longer passage in which the apostle Paul is defending his authority as an apostle and his ministry among the Gentiles (non-Jews) to the church in Galatia. In this particular verse, Paul is explaining that he had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles, while Peter had been given the responsibility of preaching to the Jews, or the circumcised.

Paul is emphasizing the unity of their mission despite the differences in their respective assignments, and is affirming that their ministries are all part of the same gospel message of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:9 says, "James, Cephas, and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised."

In this verse, the apostle Paul is describing a meeting he had with James, Peter (Cephas), and John, who were considered as pillars of the early Christian church in Jerusalem. Paul explains that during this meeting, these esteemed leaders recognized and approved of the ministry that Paul and Barnabas were carrying out among the Gentiles.

By giving them "the right hand of fellowship," James, Peter, and John were essentially extending a hand of partnership and acceptance to Paul and Barnabas. This gesture symbolized their agreement and support for the work that Paul and Barnabas were doing among the Gentiles.

This verse highlights the unity and cooperation among early Christian leaders and serves as a reminder that although individuals may have different roles and ministries within the church, they are all working towards a common goal of spreading the gospel and building up the body of Christ.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.