COPPER 0.00% $2.71 copper futures

G'day Steve, SFR have a great current mine at Degrussa. Problem...

1. 780 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    G'day Steve, SFR have a great current mine at Degrussa. Problem is it's almost at the end of it's mine life. From memory I think they run out of copper next year. There is talk of turning it into a gold mill though. They will have another copper mine in Botswana. But that is in the planning, development and early construction stage at the moment. The Botswana mine isn't big enough to replace the 70,000 tonnes of copper being mined at the moment. But that being said there is potential to find a lot more copper in Botswana. The ground they have looks promising and there is already talk of building a larger copper mill in Botswana. They also have another potential mine in Montana but there is stiff environmental opposition that is delaying much progress there. So until SFR have a replacement resource that matches their current output and goes into development. I believe the upside share price potential is capped. Look it always pays to do your own research and see what you think.

In my opinion HCH is very cheap and may become a tier one asset. What they have already found is very impressive. It's one of only 2 large copper discoveries found in the last 6 years. The other discovery is the Winu discovery in Western Australia made by Rio Tinto. The HCH Cortaderra discovery and the Winu discovery are currently about the same size and grade. Both discoveries are still growing. HCH are about to announce another 2 massive copper hits at Cortaderra. I think it's a relatively safe play at the moment unless we have a stock market crash and the copper price tanks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COPPER (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.