COPPER 0.00% $2.71 copper futures

What copper stocks do you hold ?, page-85

1. 3,477 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1059
    @Steve98

On the Copper forum, I was interested in what the next copper projects Sandfire Resources Limited has, given the producing DeGrussa and Monty copper-gold mines in Western Australia only have remaining production life "into the third quarter of calendar year 2022, based on current mining and processing rates".

See post # 50057303 It is also highly likely that Sandfire will only end up with 85% of the T3 Motheo project in Botswana, if the Botswana government backs into the project. So 85% of pre-tax NPV7% of A$451 million would be A$383 million.

See post # 50173244 Sandfire only owns 85% of the Black Butte project in the USA, with a third party owning the other 15% (NPV and tonnage numbers in the table are based on 100%). So 85% of pre-tax NPV5% of US$125 million would be US$106 million.

Black Butte is currently involved in USA environmental legal challenges on its MOP and leased water rights. I personally don't rate this project highly given its current environmental issues, low NPV (even using a 5% discount rate) and sub-20 IRR.

Which is probably why the Sandfire Board is currently looking at EMR Capital's Golden Grove project to fill its copper development pipeline. See post # 49832599

Cheers

These are only my thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COPPER (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.