WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

I have just received my reply from Glyn, similar to Pman's. It...

1. 1,868 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 533
    I have just received my reply from Glyn, similar to Pman's.  It seems a satisfactory explanation and is consistent with my limited understanding of Patent law (although obviously, there's still no disclosure of royalty figures):

"There is no problem here. OBJ holds 100% the IP on the use of micro array. So when P&G decide to develop their own products that incorporate a micro array but OBJ has nothing to do with that design, then P&G quite rightly claim ownership (with or without a micro array) which they have every right to do so since they are paying for the development which is their idea anyway. But as Jeff and Matt are the micro array IP inventors, then they have to relinquish any rights to P&G’s design which happens to include a micro array (for which we have no rights anyway nor would we want to have any involvement outside the micro array). The PDA with P&G simply states that P&G will pay a license fee for all micro arrays used in P&G’s products as per the PDA. OBJ should have no entitlement to P&G’s business outside the revenues we receive for the use of the micro array over and above our background IP.

However, there are products that are under development for P&G where there is not only a micro array involved but we have undertaken some of the design work and included additional technologies. For that we retain full ownership and will be extracting further consideration for this additional OBJ owned IP that we can put our foot on.

So we do have the full ownership rights for those parts of any background IP that we can identify and for any foreground IP where we can establish OBJ has produced certain design works.

Hope that explains it."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.