TLS 0.82% $3.70 telstra group limited

Croesus1,this post of yours about Qantas and Telstra is very...

1. 4,394 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 581
    Croesus1,

this post of yours about Qantas and Telstra is very sloppy - full of inaccuracies, and unsupported conclusions:

1/ "Now the federal government is letting almost any airline around the globe fly into autsralia and compete against qantas..."

Now? The deregulation of Australian economy and industry has been done by the time Howard won office. As long as I remember there were foreign airlines flew in to Australia. And if I remember correctly it was Howard Government that opened the domestic routes to foreign airline such as Tiger.

2/ "The federal labor government is failing its constituents again."

Qantas is having an industrial dispute. Where is the failing? This government has put in place the law (Fair Work) to resolve the dispute!

3/ "...and foreign multi-national technology companies will be allowed to float straight in and compete against telstra."

Will be allowed ...? Optus has been allowed to compete against Telstra for almost 20 years now.

4/ "These external multinational economic forces meen telstra will need to cut operating costs to remain competitive against other companies with a compettive advantage..."

Really? Can you please name just one of these external economic forces and show how it directly made Telstra cut operating cost?

And isn't it good for the profit if Telstra cut its operating cost?

And has Telstra lost in this competitive environment? No, it has not. Telstra is winning! So please tell me why the government is failing here.

I think that is enough to show the sloppiness in your post. I hope you will reread and consider what you write before you click Post Message.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.70
Change
0.030(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $42.75B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.67 $3.72 $3.66 $77.20M 20.89M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 199823 $3.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.71 829839 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.