TLS 0.82% $3.70 telstra group limited

what could telstra learn from qantas, page-5

1. 1,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    the below post is my opinion;

You are obviously looking at things from a labor party standpoint akg - get with the 70% of australians who can't relate to this labor government - and you may understand the post better.

Perhaps if I added a twangy aussie drawl to the words in the previous post you might feel more comfortable with its content.

In fact I am wondering what purpose you have on this forum if all you want to do is talk about capital management and dividends. These questions should be easily answered within seconds - no point wasting other posters time by constantly asking them to calculate telstra's yield for you - buy yourself a calculator.

I stick to my view that telstra and qantas have followed a very similar path to date. They have essentially stuck to their core business - qantas flying passenegers from A to B; and, telstra providing telephone services. Both businesses are suffering pressure from foreign multinantionals. I would argue qantas is experiencing more competition than telstra at this point. BUT. In 5 to 10 years time if the NBN is built then telstra could be experiencing a similar level of competition pressure to what qantas is currently experiencing.

IMO QANTAS SHOULD BE A CLEAR WARNING TO CURRENT TELSTRA MANAGEMENT TO DEVELOP ANOTHER MEATY GROWTH ENGINE WITHIN THE TELSTRA GROUP..........IMO THEY SHOULD START WITH A "MOBILE WALLET" AND THEN GET INTO MAINSTREAM BANKING.

I hold telstra shares and hope that they go up.

disclaimer; the above post is my opinion and is not to be used for making any decisions. The above post has been submitted for entertainment purposes only.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.70
Change
0.030(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $42.75B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.67 $3.72 $3.66 $77.20M 20.89M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 199823 $3.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.71 829839 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.