what did greenspan say?, page-6

1. 13,753 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    "One has to wonder how long the show will continue in the States before they remove the flimsy scaffold that is holding things up."

I had the secretary tidy up the typo.

I certainly agree with both your points of view, that is, except to say there is no scaffold holding anything up, it has collapsed & is now deep set in quicksand veiled only by the smoke & mirrors of the master mezmeriser, the one & only Greenspam, soon to be in a petfood store near you.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north204.html

You may already have read Alan Greenspan's essay, "Gold and Economic Freedom," which was published in Ayn Rand's "Objectivist" newsletter in 1966, and reprinted in her book, Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal, in 1967.

Greenspan has never publicly retracted a word of this essay.

This essay is a good introduction to the government's war on gold. It summarizes the basic issue: the comparative liberty that a government-guaranteed gold coin standard offers to a society. A gold coin standard places a restraint on the government's ability to defraud the public through monetary inflation.

The problem is, a government-guaranteed gold standard is guaranteed by the government. As I like to say, a government-guaranteed gold standard isn't worth the paper it's written on.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.