BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

What did we get?, page-32

1. 761 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    Unfortunately I don't think you will get anything from Vaxart. When Biota became a US company the shares were held by American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC ( astfinancial.com - initially known as Amstock). The shares are held in a form known as "DRS" (Direct Registration Share).

A long time ago (early 2016) many of us received a letter titled something like "Notice of Unclaimed Property" suggesting you had 30 days to claim your shares. If you didn't act at that time I would a little worried. I created a web account at that stage.

My last communication from AST was cheque from Vaxart for US$2.43 being the residual after the division by 11 resulting from the merger. On that cheque was an "account number" (which identifies your parcel of shares) and a not labelled "company number" (22033). My AST login showed zero holdings for Aviragen and no sign of any Vaxart.

However, I failed to understand that (in the absence of combining accounts) the Vaxart shares are held separately from any other shares and require a separate web login account (as Vaxart messed up the registration, meaning I could not combine accounts, as they are now held by someone with my first/middle names, instead of first/last names).

So I attempted to register as a returning non-us shareholder - but I needed a PIN. I sent off a lost PIN request and waited....
    Eventually I got tired of waiting and sent off an email to AST which prompted the arrival of a letter with a PIN. So now I have a web login with my Vaxart DRS holding.

If you haven't ever registered an account I doubt you will have success registering for a web account (because you need to provide security question answers.

Instead email or ring AST. Good luck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.