BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Hi JoJo, I did some additional research and identified some...

1. 235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    Hi JoJo, I did some additional research and identified some ongoing requirements re "ownership". When our Biota shares went to USA we were given an account number with the holding statement and were required to complete a W-8BEN (US tax certificate of foreign status). I am sure some completed them and some didn't. Anyway, fast forward to the present and through inquiry with American Stock Transfer & Trust Co (AST) I find those account numbers are no longer valid and nor is the W-8BEN I raised for Biota. A new W-8BEN is required quoting the new account number.

Where do you find your new account number, well back in February 2018 you will have received either a "Direct Registration Book-Entry Advice" or a check with stub for the share fraction when the merge with Vaxart happened. Your account number for your Vaxart holdings is as shown on either of those documents, which in turn will allow you to complete W-8BEN and forward to AST. This is important as is proxy voting as you need to show ongoing engagement with your holding to ensure they are not declared "abandoned".

Just with the W-8BEN if you have a joint holding, then you need to complete one form each and they must be submitted at the same time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.