BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Many thanks BIGSKY9. My head continues to spin at how complex...

1. 235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    Many thanks BIGSKY9. My head continues to spin at how complex and difficult this process continues to be. I agree the window being small. Will continue to try and will let you know if I have progress.

If all else fails, I have a plan B! My plan B is to at least get access to my Capital Loss for my original Biota shares (over $80,000). Although I have not discussed with my broker, my understanding is that any sale of shares must be attributed to the first shares purchased and then in sequence. That is, you cannot pick and choose which shares you will attribute a sale to - it can only be to the purchases in sequence. So my plan B, if VAXART drop considerably further, is to buy an equivalent number of "new" shares through my ordinary CMC international access account, then sell those shares shortly after. The sale, by my understanding of the rules, is that that the sale cannot be attributed to the shares just purchased but must be attributed to the purchase of all the earlier Biota shares (now Vaxart) accumulated before they went to USA. Of course the downside is that I still end up stuck with a bunch of VAXART shares from the latest purchase (although of much less value); but at least I have crystallized something I can use (a large Capital loss). Worth thinking about.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.