I think people are confused as to what should be on the new...

1. 2,883 Posts.
    I think people are confused as to what should be on the new site.

People say they liked the streaming area. There shouldn't be an area for it, it should be built in to the forum automatically on all threads with simply an off/on button. This is what people expect nowadayss and it should be seamless. The fact it only streamed titles was pointless. How about streaming the actual posts.

The filter part was a good idea but I guess this is a type of advanced search so maybe it could be called that.

Also the format of all post titles was too big and took up too much space with pointlesss info. The titles should be simplified to 1 line.

Also the whole thread should be displayed on 1 page. Changing pages is a waste of time and confusing.

The hotcopper menu topics should be available as they are now on old hc. Clicking through multiple menus to get to a thread is stupid. Also why are some threads now topics? More confusing and not required. Everything should be a thread.

Make sure its fully tested on all platforms and not just chrome. Chrome is for all the tech nerds such as myself, but IE is the most popular in the world. Also mobile devices need testing.

While I don't want to put the HC team down, I think hc needs external people to come in and assist with this. It just sounds like its been done on the fly by 1-2 developers without being managed properly at all. Some major failures of process took place in getting this out. I recommend going back to the drawing board and starting again as the new site was never going to be a professional platform.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.