What difference will Harris make to the outcome, page-20

1. 84,485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''ps: how do you think a Harris potus would change the US and effect Aus?''

IMO - that's a better question

I think there should be two questions -------- one about Trump and one about Harris - which you have just asked.

IMO - Harris as a POTUS and how would it change the US and affect Australia? -

unknown. I think she's very smart (Andrew Bolt even thinks this) - but, also she is definitely a person who works for people - and she's got no love of banks - no need to go further than her mauling of JP Morgan to see that one.
    Their CEO still bears the scars and still goes to therapy for PTSD.

A lot will depend on how much support she has from the house - but, my guess is that she will boost welfare in many ways ----- how much? don't know, and in what areas? don't know.

She's got a big thing about housing.

The big one for any nation - if the nation has managed to house and feed it's people is --------- education - EDUCATION -

and, below - take it with a grain of salt, is an opinion. The references may well give a truer indication - but, if it's correct - I expect that Harris as President might make a big difference in America - she's got a chance, that's for sure/

What would all of this do to Australia? -------- well, hard to say atm.
    I think that we could probably look to more of the same - not wildly different to what we've had with Biden.

What she will be IMO - is that if we get to her and talk - she will listen, she is IMO, smarter than Biden, quicker than Biden - probably hasn't got the same cross political negotiation skills as Biden, nor his deep friendships across the floor - but, she's also got the guts, will and determination and persistence to take on her own party - and pretty openly - she's done that before - putting herself at high risk - and won the day - and their respect.

For Oz - if she comes into our corner - I think she could (could) be one of the best Presidents for a very long time.

Kamala Harris has articulated several views and policies on education throughout her political career. Here are some key aspects of her stance:
    ## K-12 Education

- **Title I and Head Start Funding**: Harris has supported significant increases in funding for Title I, which aids schools serving low-income families, and for Head Start, a program providing early childhood education to low-income children[1].
    - **Teacher Pay**: She has advocated for raising teacher salaries, proposing an average increase of $13,500 per year, which would have cost an estimated $315 billion over ten years[1].
    - **Teacher Diversity**: Harris has called for a $2.5 billion investment in teacher preparation programs at historically Black colleges and universities (HBCUs) to diversify the teaching profession[1].
    - **School Desegregation**: She has shown support for efforts to reenergize school desegregation, highlighting her personal experience with busing during her childhood[1].
    ## Higher Education

- **Free College**: Harris has consistently supported making two-year colleges free for most students and four-year colleges free for many students from lower- and middle-income families. She co-sponsored the College for All Act of 2017, which aimed to make public colleges and universities tuition-free for families earning less than $125,000 annually[2][5].
    - **Student Loan Forgiveness**: Harris has advocated for student loan forgiveness, particularly for Pell Grant recipients who start and maintain businesses in disadvantaged communities. She has also supported broader efforts to address the student debt crisis[5].
    - **Crackdown on For-Profit Colleges**: As California's attorney general, Harris prosecuted for-profit colleges for predatory practices, a stance she has continued to support in her federal roles[2][5].
    ## Early Childhood Education

- **Universal Pre-K**: Harris has pushed for universal pre-kindergarten, emphasizing that education is a fundamental right[4].
    ## Advocacy and Outreach

- **Engagement with Young Voters**: Harris has actively engaged with younger voters, emphasizing issues such as student loan forgiveness, reproductive rights, and climate change during her vice-presidential tenure[5].
    Overall, Harris's education policies align closely with those of the Biden administration, focusing on increased funding, teacher support, and making higher education more accessible and affordable.
    Citations:

[1] https://www.chalkbeat.org/2024/07/2...idate-kamala-harris-on-education-and-schools/
    [2] https://www.bestcolleges.com/blog/kamala-harris-education-policy/
    [3] https://fordhaminstitute.org/national/commentary/kamala-harris-and-education-reform
    [4] https://laist.com/news/education/ed...st-of-kamala-harris-since-early-in-her-career
    [5] https://www.insidehighered.com/news...at-know-about-kamala-harriss-higher-ed-agenda

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.