ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

This is what I have learned (I think) from the week gone by. I'd...

1. 186 Posts.
    This is what I have learned (I think) from the week gone by. I'd be interested to hear from more experienced traders if I am wrong.

I have learned that when an announcement is so widely telegraphed that we all know pretty much what is coming and what is in it, it is unlikely to make any real impact on the SP. The reserve upgrade was good but I imagine any analyst will know that 2p reserves will go over 2000 over the next 6 months so why get excited about this upgrade?

The Concept Plan is highly unlikely to contain anything surprising - it will help complete the picture but I can't imagine the share price exploding.

Similarly we all expect news on flow rates. Unless they are outrageously large the shift in share price will be minimal.

What will shift the price is that over time all this progress will shift views in the market and will reduce the risk premium on ESG and make shorters think twice. It wont happen the day the ann hits the screens, it will take time.

I think the only ann that would have a real impact would be a takeover in the sector. But I for one am happy to hang on for gradual and sustainable appreciation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.