TI1 0.00% 1.4¢ tombador iron limited

What differentiates DVI's sites from the competition?

1. 3,048 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I have been having a look at DVI and would be interested to hear opinions about what differentiates their web sites from the competition or what competitive advantage/moat they may have.

I know tech start ups have been all the rage recently and I looked at the ibuynew and byojet sites. But I just couldn't see how they stood out from the competition or what what would stop other similar sites popping up and doing exactly the same thing.

For example byojet, I know 3 sites off the top of me head (because I do a lot of travel) that do this same thing expedia, amadeus and skyscanner and they have all been around a lot longer than byojet and have stronger branding and market penetration. And I and don't see anything stopping others from creating similar sites if there is such increasing demand for these services and thus creating a price war as they compete against each other. If a price war was to ensue to me it seems the market leaders with substantial backing e.g. expedia and amadeus would win out in the long run and drive the smaller companies out of business as is the common result in a price war.

This is not meant to be a down ramp, I am genuinely interested in DVI and assessing it's long term viability, maybe I am missing something so would love to hear some feedback or opinions about these points.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TI1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.