SWP 0.00% 21.0¢ swoop holdings limited

what do we have here, page-3

1. 7,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 251
    Something old of mine off the thread just to tickle the memory. and BHPB are still in there stepping out the perimeters......JBM and Kerry haven't budged, Simon Mottram has happily taken options to stay in the job.
    So I think I am in good company.

Subject: re:WHY ON EARTH DID BHP BUY WMC?
    Stock Code: FCN - FALCON MINERALS LIMITED
    Posted: 01/08/06 00:17
    Posted By: vespasian03 Views: 181
    Voluntary Disclosure: Stock Held

.....from the local ABC. ..and for those of us who kept buying ( even with the occasional trade to buy some essentials) rewards will be huge....but am I a biased poster? .........Yes I am.

"WA nickel miner's shares triple"

Friday, 19 November 2004

The share price of a junior nickel miner has tripled in a week after it announced that early exploration results indicated it may have found a new nickel province.

Falcon Minerals, with joint-venture partner WMC Resources, has reported finding high-grade deposits of nickel, platinum and copper at its Collurabbie project in the northern Goldfields in Western Australia.

Shares in Falcon rose from 15 to 50 cents over 10 days and have since dropped back slightly.

The project is 170 kilometres north-east of WMC's existing Mount Keith operation, in a relatively under-explored area.

Falcon managing director Richard Diermajer says there is great potential for the Collurabbie project to be turned into a mine.

He says the concentration of copper, platinum and nickel at the one mine does not exist at other Australian mines.

"I have never seen these results before with the platinum group elements," he said.

"You can get nickel like that, but not such high copper and platinum - that is just unheard of in Australia."

"If this turns out to be a nickel copper mine at Collurabbie, it will also be the only platinum mine in Australia."

Paterson Ord Minnet's resource analyst Alex Passmore says the early drilling results are very good.

"They're unusally high grade intersections and in a metals equivalent would equate to hitting five metres at 17 per cent nickel," he said.

"Although follow up drilling will be needed to test the extent of the mineralisation"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SWP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.