RKN 0.99% 51.0¢ reckon limited

what do we think of rkn, page-2

1. 7,409 Posts.
    WHlst I agree the subscription-based model is the way of the future, and in fact many companies, provide software this way now, I do not necessarily think the ASP model is going to be met with huge enthusiasm as far as accounting is concerned. As always there is the issue of security, and numbers are very confidential. Quite often accounting products in companies are kept away from any system that can be remotely accessed.

ASP is really in effect a bureau service. Bureau has been an option in payroll for a very long time. Bureau has lost alot of business to inhouse applications over time, however there is still a market.

As far as Quicken is concerned, what will attract customers to the ASP model? Being already quite cheap I don't think price will be the factor, it has to be something tangible, and I'm just not sure what it would be in Quicken's case.

I've always liked Quicken's product, haven't looked at it for a couple of years, but it certainly was a nicer product then MYOB. However, times have changed, MYOB have a large folowing know, and Quicken have fallen by the wayside.

Personally, I would wait to see how they fair, if ASP does take off unexpectedly then most of the other application providers wll have their models in the wings as well. Being in the software industry, I know that, these days, it is not that difficult to create web-enabled products, thereby reducing lead-time and advantage of those with superior products.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RKN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.0¢
Change
0.005(0.99%)
Mkt cap ! $57.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
51.0¢ 51.0¢ 51.0¢ $7.961K 15.60K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15725 51.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
52.0¢ 2500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.09am 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RKN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.