SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

It would seem my posting yesterday got under the skin of loaner....

1. 3,147 Posts.
    It would seem my posting yesterday got under the skin of loaner. It is not the first time a poster has had a dig at my efforts so it got me thinking maybe loaner has a point despite his crass expression.

What do readers want from a forum?

It strikes me repetitivenes is inevitable. If purposely avoid repeating or reframing previous comments then very quickly there would be nothing to discuss. A social media site mirrors life like conversation doesn't it? In a social situation conversations often drift back revisiting points many times - in the pub, around the barbie, chatting on the phone to relos/friends. That is conversation a never ending cycle of reaffirmation and gradually modifying thoughts building on what others say.

Regarding when and where. That itself gives a little insight into the self-interest of modern society. There is a subconscious belief that the world revolves around the individual. Could there be not so obvious reasons for taking an interest in posting beyond what the individual immediately thinks? Perhaps it isn't Friday evening! The world revolves around 24hrs, perhaps the poster's age is in later life and the happy days of out partying on a Friday evening are behind? Perhaps the poster isn't actually sat at a computer but out and about - the wonders of modern mobility, perhaps the poster is multi-tasking and engaged in great banter with friends while pausing to comment on their favourite stock, perhaps the poster just liked discussing and attempting to reassure others that they are not alone investing in a stock. I think we get the picture.

So loaner looking through his own narrow world is bristling and feels the need to pass a derogatory view. Tolerance is lacking in modern society; every day things irritate us all for many reasons but that needs to be put aside and accept that each person lives with a different set of values and priorities. Because an individual alludes to another being somewhat a nerd does that mean it is a valid view? Of course it doesn't, tolerance is accepting that others do not toe the line to one persons set of values. Just for a a bit of humour, I am in later years and I have lived life to the full on both sides of the world including many places in between and I could tell some stories that would make shades of grey read like a harmless novel including Friday evening experiences.

Back to the point. Posters have different styles; I rattle on and post a fair bit. Grant and others also posts lengthy detailed posts, some like to encourage with brief one liner hopes, some like to warn with brief one liners, some like to bait others.

What do readers want from a forum?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.