what does a house cost

1. 139 Posts.
    How much can a house be built for and what is a average house these days.

Most people I hear talk seem to think that a air conditioned 4 bed 2 bath double lock up garage and covered out door area with a total roof area of 300 sq m is average (and some even think a theatre room), this includes the garage and verandahs under roof. Personally I think this is a excutive home but it's what they want these days. I've certainly never lived in anything this good in mining towns.

Average used to always be around 130 sq m 3 bed single bath, ceiling fan if you were lucky amd single open car port or high block and park underneath maybe semi enclosed 25 years ago when I started work in Central Queensland

So if we build it to a fair standard and use things like galvanised nails and not just plain steel ones, colour bond roof, tinted glass etc. Give it a letter box, front fence, drive way and clothes line so the bank will at least consider it what will it cost to build plus land.

Be pretty hard to bring it in at waht every one on TV is saying a house should cost with land, especially in northern half of QLD with cyclone ratings. Nearly $250cu meter for cement where I am.

If you could do this for around $220k on land or what ever pennyO reckons they should be you'd sell a few I'd bet.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.