FAR 0.00% 50.5¢ far limited

@gridder and others Have been mulling all this over and...

1. pj
    2,090 Posts.
    @gridder and others

Have been mulling all this over and determined all is not lost!

The apparently reduced heterolithic net pay does seem to limit any increase in resource volumes over the more central area of the field especially compared what I was using in my speculative estimates for the progress tables which assumed nearer a full 15m or so net pay. This remains disappointing to me as the best possible outcome would be maximised reserves and production from the central area of the field.

However, maybe this won't significantly affect the possible peripheral resources at SNE3 and SNE4 because, as noted above, its here that the "primary sands" from the overlying gas window dip into the oil leg and form a major part of the oil window sands.

This makes the SNE3 well all the more important in determining the potential full extent of the field and that view is consistent with Cairn's previous indications in their presentations that this would be a "key" well.

In trying to gauge the possible implied resource volumes attributable to these gas sands, on reviewing the SNE1 data on the schematic diagrams of both FAR and Cairn, I find we again have quite disparate numbers for the net pays from each company (12m and 19m respectively). Grrrr! Suppose we could just average the two - then add a bit more as the diagrams show some thickening of these sands as they dip into the oil leg.

All a waste of time you will probably say but I will set about redrawing all the spreadsheet "progress tables" based on the latest reported SNE2 information and see what comes up - give me something to play with while we wait.

Looks like I should be building in a little bit more efficiency premium for the higher than expected flow rates from the blocky sands too

pj

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.