IMM 11.9% 29.5¢ immutep limited

I saw this on News.com this morning - looks like they have...

1. 114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I saw this on News.com this morning - looks like they have passed Phase 3 trials already, although it has yet to receive final approval for gynecological cancer. Does this mean CVAC will now not be first to market with cervical cancer treatment (CANVAS results are still a few years away), or is this a different type of treatment and not a true competitor for CVAC?? It looks like this drug has a similar effect to CVAC in any event (ie extending life by about 4 months with few side effects)

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health-fitness/new-drug-bevacizumab-offers-cervical-cancer-breakthrough/story-fneuzlbd-1226655507030

The study found that women who were given the drug bevacizumab (Avastin) along with their chemotherapy prolonged survival to an average of 17 months, compared with 13.3 months for those who only received chemotherapy.

Tumor shrinkage rates were 48 per cent for patients who received the drug, compared with 36 percent for those who did not.

The results also indicated that the survival benefit did not come at the cost of diminished quality of life.

"This is also possibly a first step toward turning cervical cancer into a chronic disease, helping women live longer and allowing time for additional treatments that could further slow the cancer's progression and improve survival," Tewari said.

The phase III clinical trial separated the 452 patients into four treatment arms but found no significant differences in survival between those receiving cisplatin or topotecan (Hycamtin) chemotherapy treatments.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health-fitness/new-drug-bevacizumab-offers-cervical-cancer-breakthrough/story-fneuzlbd-1226655507030#ixzz2V5zIYqpc

Veg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
-0.040(11.9%)
Mkt cap ! $428.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
32.0¢ 33.0¢ 28.0¢ $7.278M 23.75M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 53192 29.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.5¢ 41048 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.