MSB 3.76% $1.03 mesoblast limited

What future CHF therapy

1. 3,284 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2783
    Since last few years MSB forum seems to have degenerated to an ignoreathon but here goes hoping I might get even just one helpful response to this question I have never read or seen addressed here.

The success or otherwise of CHF trials with Teva must be front and centre for most people regards the prevailing sp sentiment - and the likelihood of a turnaround. Most of us are underwater OK no need to go there. Basically been holding my breath for five years and the face is blue already.

One thing you read here over and over: DYOR! - for me the most trite and hated HC throwaway line.
    Yeah sure, I'm just going to ring up one of the senior cardiac surgeons at St Vincents Darlinghurst and he's going to give me an appointment to sit down and discuss the likely roll out success scenario for CHF therapy after the trials just to help my DYOR.
    Sure I look at the orchestrated media opinion clips - (from brokers LOL) but none I can remember coming from a truly un-biased heart scientists - they don't want to of course. But then I do think we can occasionally winkle out some excellent thought, perhaps even from insider bio/medic types who are maybe not willing to spill a whole picnic of information but are persuaded to share ideas anonymously and influence the conversation . I am very grateful if that happens, is there any other reason to be on Hot Copper?

My question concerns the (so-called) size of the potential market - let's not get bogged down in minutiae but it has been described as a number ending in billions. And the sp got to $10.00, what a surprise. But in terms of today I wonder what it's value really is after all the costs and sharing deals come out? Is it really so huge or is there an element of myth already after so many years of hype?

The way I see it, if you are over 50 you probably have known of a lot of people who had by-pass surgery. Then there's all the minor procedures, stents, valve jobs where a hundred different bio companies worldwide are pushing heart repair procedures with synthetic materials, pig's ears, whatever?. And finally we had for 20 years doctors campaigning to get us all onto statin drugs to further reduce cholesterol damage.

So my question is: regarding worst case the CHF group (advanced and end stage unmet medical needs) - is this maybe a declining market in countries that can afford expensive therapy. Will there actually be anybody left in 10 years still needing MPC-150 cells? Or are we getting all excited about a therapy with a limited life - maybe very limited?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.03
Change
-0.040(3.76%)
Mkt cap ! $1.170B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.07 $1.07 $1.01 $13.19M 12.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 61090 $1.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.03 239558 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.