What gives with the weather, page-56

1. 3,062 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 115
    "world is okay just the virus (humans) is an issue"
    You are correct. When I re read it I realized that I should have added further clarification but I thought you would have a handle on it.

"Heat travels up and then forced out (lower point) into the room."
    Not sure on your wording here? but whatever you are thinking, the heated air always exits the highest point.

Guessing ya may do a similar thing for the combustion??
    Yes. Just to clarify the last point.....without getting too technical,
    The over riding principle is that cold air enters at the lowest point, it is heated as it moves upward through the tube, then exits at the highest point. (hot).
    It does not matter what shape or form the tubing is, providing it complies with this principle.
    It could be vertical tubes or one long tube weaving from side to side on the back of the stove as it rises to the outlet at the top somewhere.
    The flow path must be continuously rising from the entry (cold) to the exit (hot) or the air wont flow.
    The longer the heated area is (of the tube) the greater pumping effect.
    With a combustion stove the inlets could be vertical, ie pointing at the floor below the bottom of the stove, then rise vertically up the back of the stove then exit above the stove at a height or angle of your choosing.
    If your combustion has a cast iron exposed back, you would get better heating effect by attaching the tube to the heating surface with saddle clamps.
    Bear in mind that any heat you extract with the tubing should be aimed at utilizing waste heat only.
    For example, if you covered the whole back of the stove with piping made from copper, then you would reduce the stove performance on the inside and would need to run a bigger fire to compensate.... and that is ok, if that is what you want or need.
    An alternative idea might be to use a fan (eg, a low powered computer fan) and simply blow air past the stove. This would be easier and cheaper, if you have the power to run it?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.