BFC 0.00% 0.3¢ beston global food company limited

So....the big short sales occurred 20th Jan, 22nd Jan, 25th Jan...

1. 4,659 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    So....the big short sales occurred 20th Jan, 22nd Jan, 25th Jan & 27th Jan (between 210 - 290k of shares shorted on each of these days).

Curiously, the stock spiked 7% on Jan 25th when someone was shorting 290,000 shares and spiked a further 4.5% on Jan 27 when 280,000 shares were being shorted.

The stock actually hit an intra-day high of 63c on the 27th before settling at 57.5 before rising 1.7% on the 28th to close at 58.5c.

Everything was looking very rosy indeed but I have absolutely no idea what the hell has happened since then. In the last 11 trading days the stock has collapsed 23% on the back of relentless selling by (it seems) a large shareholder.

And there was no respite into this afternoon's close with something like 1.46million shares dumped in the last 30 mins - representing 31% of the entire day's turnover.

BFC Turnover.png

I for one would certainly appreciate some news from the company - especially as it pertains to the IG Investment Management Group of Canada - a company that has been reducing its holding from 16.18% (in Dec) to less than 13.1% as of this week.
    Yet, when Beston released its Top 20 List on listing, the biggest shareholder only held 14.99% of the company.

Where did IG's 16.18% "sit" in all of that?!?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BFC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.