Frantic... I believe you are correct about the ocean...

1. 413 Posts.
    Frantic... I believe you are correct about the ocean currents.
    The scary thing is that the ocean currents are the main drivers of the planet's weather. If there is a major shift in ocean currents then there will be massive changes to the world's weather. And this could happen VERY suddenly. The overall temperature of the planet won't change too much but local weather patterns will be vastly different.

This will be a massive wakeup call to humanity.

In my mind WE are the planet's latest mass-extinction event. We have had asteroids, etc in the distant past. This time we are the ones killing off half the planet's species. We are like a virus, multiplying out of control and eating away at the very planet that supports us like a cancer. And like any living organism the planet will eventually (soon IMO) kill off the diseased parts. The planet will recover and go on, but we may not be here to see it....

I find it bizarre that people think we can control such a complex creature as the planet and its weather. In fact we have no clue!! The simple fact that scientists all over the world are arguing about possible future effects proves this. A simple look at weather forecasts also bears this out. Can anyone give an accurate forecast as to what the weather will be in a month's time?... NO! The systems are just far too complex. Anyone who says "humans are not the cause of this" is just dreaming IMO.

/end rant

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.