what happened to big election rallies?, page-18

1. 15,008 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    "Whether Morgan Ryan could be seen as an ordinary man is open to question. He was the lawyer described by NSW Opposition leader John Mason in Parliament on 27 February 1980 as being 'listed with both State and federal police as a go-between for major organised crime figures'.

As noted elsewhere, Ryan had a number of significant relationships, apart from Murphy. One was with Mervyn Wood, who was the NSW Police Commissioner, and the first to fall because of a connection with Ryan. Another was with the NSW Chief Stipendiary Magistrate, Murray Frederick Farquhar, whose perversion of the course of justice in the 1977 Humphreys case was well known in the magistracy, and possibly to Ryan. Mason described Farquhar in Parliament on 4 March 1980 as an associate of George Freeman, 'known as an organised crime figure to authorities in Australia and the USA, and a man closely associated with drug traffickers'. Farquhar's connection with Freeman had become publicly known in March 1978."

Doesn`t sound like Murphy was innocent to me. I think his Labor mates were in power and got him off . Wran , Farquharand and Murphy were all mates.
    The police taped conversations that were obviously dodgy between Ryan and Murphy.Cops don`t tape innocent people talking or maybe your just too gullible to believe your beloved Labor Party are on the nose and have been for a very long time Misty.
    The Labour party blocked the Commission findings for 30yrs. Do you honestly think when a Government does that there is nothing to hide.
    Anyway I`ll bet London to a brick in 2016 when the paperwork is available the whole grubby affair shall be revealed and if any of the players are alive they will be out of the country.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.