what happened to the broad church?, page-12

1. 386 Posts.
    Massive fraud to the tune of over $1Million is hardly a minor matter. It may be to Labor acolytes but not to normal people.

"I'm not aware that anyone is alleging that Julia Gillard was knowingly involved in significant theft or fraud."

You've fallen for John McTernan's spin on this. he says there are no allegations so it should be dropped. Well, a journalist's job is not to make allegations it is to ask questions. She just won't answer them. The task of making allegations falls to the police and prosecutor.

"Of course now we have yet another round of trial by Abbott and Co. and yet another media circus."

As far as I am aware, Abbott has not asked her one question about this scandal, so stop smearing him. The questions are being asked by a whole host of reporters from Hedley Thomas, Michael Smith, Mike Baker to now, even Tony Jones and Leigh Sales - at least since the ABC woke up from its slumber and realised the biggest scandal of the year was passing them by.

"The misogynistic witch hunt is alive and well!"

Don't use big words unless you understand what they mean! This is a red herring to cover up for your red heroine.

"Nor am I a defender of Julia Gillard or and her admirer."

The evidence suggests the exact opposite.

If Julia Gillard is indeed innocent of wrongdoing, she should stand in parliament next week and make a lengthy statement of her involvement, affirming the truth of what she stated in the 11.9.95 interview, and what she said at the lengthy press interview in August when she ambushed a group of junior journos who didn't have a clue what to ask. But she won't. She is very careful of what she says about this in parliament which is why she tries to bat away questions. She knows that if she is caught out lying on the floor that will be a bridge too far even for the Independents. I suspect she won't get questions on anything but the AWU scandal next week. Should be great viewing.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.