FWIW:Finally, I come back to the news item I mentioned yesterday...

1. 23,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 128

FWIW:

Finally, I come back to the news item I mentioned yesterday on Russians finding the crew of a Leopard tank they destroyed in the battlefield this past week to have been regular Bundeswehr servicemen. My colleague in Germany informs me that as of today there has not been a word about this in Germany. However, there soon will be. From the unofficial news portals in Russia, I see that the Kremlin has every intention of bringing this scandal to the attention of the broad German public in the hope that it will touch off popular demonstrations against Scholz. Time will tell..

©Gilbert Doctorow, 2023

Trubind1 | Sep 24 2023 20:13 utc | 86

u$$a dept of energy (doe) runs los alamos as a government owned contract operated facility (goco). similar to where lockheed makes f-16 and u$$a army ammunition plants.

u$$a sends doe about us$30b every year. u$$a neglected its nuke arsenal for years, mostly need new icbm's and infrastructure. the long range plan is $750billion over so many years for the strategic nuclear arsenal, maybe even a new super submarine missile hauler.....

in comparison the 50 year cost of f-35 is $2,000 billion bucks, funneled thru lockheed.

Posted by: paddy | Sep 24 2023 20:41 utc | 92

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.