PLA 0.00% 6.7¢ platinum australia limited

what happened?, page-3

1. 2,275 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    Saxien,
    you must be reading different material than others as PLA have been getting some big boys taking a position on their share registery. I know you have a fixation or perhaps a hope that the Kimberly's won't yield a mine but I have news for you. Two are just around the corner. PLA and SMY. Here is a ASX report on PLA 30/1/03

METALLURGY

A Pilot Plant test program on approximately 100 tonnes of high grade ore from the exploration decline was completed at Mintek in South Africa during the quarter. The results from the work were consistent with those from previous test work. The pilot plant test program has generated over 10 tonnes of flotation concentrate which will be used in a Calcine-Leach-Metals Recovery Pilot Plant planned for the March Quarter.

Laboratory scale metallurgical testwork has focused on the Calcine-Leach-Metals Recovery Process. The testwork on the Calcine-Leach Process was aimed at optimisation, while that of the Metals Recovery Process was more focused on process definition. The most recent calcine-leach results indicate that leach recoveries from calcine of up to 90% can be achieved for platinum, while palladium should achieve over 90% and gold over 95% recovery with a 96 hour leach.

The Metal Recovery testwork has focused on a recovery process of precipitation at low pH. This work indicates that recoveries in excess of 95% from leach solutions should be achievable for platinum, palladium, gold and associated base metals. This work has also shown that a separation of PGM's and base metals during the precipitation phase is possible with up to 75% of the PGM's being recovered separately from the base metals. A further step to separate the remaining PGM's from the base metal precipitate is currently being
    tested with initial results also indicating that this can be achieved successfully. This total Calcine-Leach-Metals Recovery Process will be the subject of pilot plant testwork to be carried out in South Africa in the coming quarter. END.

With Platinum currently about $us670oz, PLA are onto a winner.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.