CVN 3.33% 14.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

Hey PC43 can you correct me more often, best chuckle I have had...

1. 69 Posts.
    Hey PC43 can you correct me more often, best chuckle I have had for ages. Just wish I had read it before I went bush for a few days. Now allow me to correct you.

Yes oil floats on water in a free pool, but not necessarily immediately in an oil zone due the resistive structure of the formation. In the case of NS-1RD it does not matter as it appears that the well has been completed “Bare foot” into the formation so there is no way to seal off the water by plugging off the lower perforations.

Nobody said anything about a valid trap not being in place. However for wells to be free flowing there must either be gas and/or water drive present. As such the water flowing in would merely be increasing reservoir pressure whilst coming to equilibrium against the gas/water drive. During this the water should be dispersing via the perforations around the well in a fairly linear manner to create effectively a bubble of water around the well. A the bubble wall gets further away from the well it will naturally get lower in the formation due to gravitational influences. This is basic water flooding/injection concept.

I still feel that the better oil producers in this field will be located away from the NS-1 well. This is borne out so far by the water production at NS-3 and the oil production at NS-4.

Proven operators can also have dud wells and get it wrong on how to operate a field and there are plenty of examples of this around. Remember also that CVN is only a 40% stakeholder in Thailand with POE, so they will not necessarily get what they want.

Sorry to get a bit technical there, but you do what is needed.

Cheers

Jami

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $259.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.5¢ $260.6K 1.776M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 1647050 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 408931 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.