DEG 4.59% $1.14 de grey mining limited

Agreed, not the forum, but...A second win is possible....

1. LPN
    142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 494
    Agreed, not the forum, but...
    A second win is possible. Personally I hope not but almost half of the 60% of eligible Americans who bother to vote might think that way. The appearance of a second win is also possible. Because there is likely to be a relatively high proportion of completely legal and valid mail-in votes and those are likely to lean toward the Democrat side, the initial count could favour Trump, might even make it look like he won. These all need to be checked to make sure they are eligible and no-one has voted twice so it's a slow process. Over the next few weeks as the mail-in votes are verified and counted, the initial electoral college count toward the Republican side could deteriorate. So what might have looked close or a Republican win could reverse. In that case, Trump will almost certainly claim lies and fraud and unfairness and whatever his overactive and underweight ego can cook up. He's a fighter, he never admits defeat or accepts data not in his favour. There is a school of thought, and I'm no expert in US constitutional law, that in the extreme case, if he can run the controversy out until the official inauguration date (20th January, the 20th amendment sets that date and no other, even if it's a Sunday), he will have won, regardless of the actual result, because he will be the sworn in incumbent and you cant swear in a new President unless the old one has died, or stepped down.

My understanding is that the Vice President in conjunction with the principal officers of the executive departments (the Cabinet), or in conjunction with Congress, can also remove the authority of the President (unlikely all or any of those would all agree to do so but possible. It does not remove the President though, just the authority), which he can then re-assume (after giving Congress 4-days to agree) by saying so in writing. The congress can disagree within that 4 days and then it goes to a vote in both the Senate and Congress some time in the next 21 days and they have to vote by 2/3rds in favour. Even then the President is not removed, only their authority. The Vice President assumes that Authority. I dont know if the VP can then resign in favour of another party, perhaps even someone from the other political party, or they can only hand over the authority. This would all be at the same time as a winter wave of Coronavirus starts to become apparent.

Uncertainty and havoc. Even if it only goes on for a few weeks or if the result is questioned by the Democrat camp. N'est-ce pas?
    Last edited by LPN: 05/09/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.14
Change
0.050(4.59%)
Mkt cap ! $2.732B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.12 $1.15 $1.10 $13.39M 11.83M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 380096 $1.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.15 204419 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.