QHL 5.15% 25.5¢ quickstep holdings limited

what i believe, page-12

1. 5,602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2791
    I think it's fair to view an MOU with a degree of scepticism. I cannot tell you the number of outfits I've unfortunately been involved in who parade MOU's as the be all and end all....however in this instance I think it's very different. All the press following the announcement has been from the point of view that this IS, for all intents and purposes, a done deal.

Said Paul Johnson, CEO Lockheed Martin Australia...."We look forward in the coming months to assisting them to successfully conclude the contracts for which they will be bidding. They are substantial contracts and represent a new phase of our Industrialisation Participation Program, taking the local defence industry to anew level on the world stage."

This suggests to me there is much more going on here than a simple run-of-the-mill MOU. This is a global production effort modelled directly, it seems, on what Airbus and Boeing are doing in the commercial sector. I doubt very much that Quikstep would have got to this stage if it was not intended for them go one step further and reach a successful outcome.

One of the major 'hurdles' appears to be the export license for the parts, once made, to go back to the States. Greg Combet's announcement mentions this and states (from memory) that the government will basically be pulling out all the stops to ensure Quikstep receive all the necessary approvals and licences to make it happen. The big boys are behind this. The deal's not inked yet, but I'm willing to bet it will be.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.5¢
Change
0.013(5.15%)
Mkt cap ! $18.29M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.0¢ 27.5¢ 23.0¢ $136.1K 536.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QHL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.