APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

what i dont get..., page-2

1. 4,618 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    Well .... my thoughts as well. But I have the following thoughts to console my <25% negative thoughts.

I suppose proving the scalability of APGs technologies still remains a due dilegence issue. BHP are probably not that concerned with getting bargin basement value. Rather I suspect they are more concerned with its capacity to deliver what it claims. If it costs more then so be it.

Reputation and quality is what BHP operates by. Their sheer size and economies to scale take care of the rest. In terms of maintaining market leader status/ reputation the cost of acquiring APG at 50c/share vs $1/share is probably not that much of a concern.

Of course, the technology could also be a side issue of limited value to BHP. Whilst many here have pointed out the many great virtues of the technology, the many I refer to are not BHP execs. So I suppose there also remains the possibility APG is a minor interest that could fall off the radar. However, I consider this remote given the many environmental and economic values associated with APGs technologies.

Whilst unrelated I recently had an experience with BHP mining staff involving technology that resulted in (at least from my perspective) a pretty ordinary outcome. The individuals I were dealing with were looking at some training for software they recently purchased, only to be told after a considerable period of time that it wasn't a priority. The training would result in considerable time savings - but who can argue with their reasons!

August is fast approaching. We will know everything by September. At least by then we will have a acid regen plant that can go commercial (income$$$$). So the fall back position is a step forward on no income. The real deal will play out pretty quickly after that I would imagine - so by Christmas we should know whether or not APG is a golden gose or cooked duck.

Risk vs reward is the old saying. Based on recent events I have become considerably relaxed over APGs long term picture. To me it appears that the risk is rapidly diminishing.

GC

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.