A few other suggestions.- Buy a few stocks in companies that are...

1. 392 Posts.
    A few other suggestions.

- Buy a few stocks in companies that are a little more expensive, highly liquid and that are already profitable. They tend to be more stable. Many people won't buy anything under $1 although I think that this site is often slanted towards the small value stocks. (Value & expensive are in terms of price / share here)

- Buy a few Darryl Guppy books. It's amazing how many things you will see him saying are faults with new sharetraders that you will have done yourself. (Or at least I did) Darryl also suggests that you split your money into blue chips, smaller stocks and specs buckets.

- Look at the charts more. Buy when a stock is near a support level and consider selling when it approaches resistance. Buying near support allows you to set very close stop losses just below support. Be ruthless when you pull the stop loss trigger. NAL was a good buy the day you sold it as it was sitting right on support.

BTW I still find it almost impossible to sell at my predetermined stop loss. As an example I'm holding PWR bought at 22.5 and it is now 11.5. On the charts a close below 21 should have seen me out but I decided the fundamentals were good so I'd hold. Stupid huh.

Hope this is helpful.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.