SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

What if ISX takeover NSX, page-4

1. 1,411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4411
    This is actually a topic worthy of discussion away from the Federal Court case against the ASX.
    ISX with JK and Tim Hart at the helm have always looked for open doors their disruptive tech would allow them to walk through and targeted NSX as providing a very big door. This move in my opinion brought them into direct conflict with a status quo that had been in operation for decades and hence we now see that the Govt, its institutions, the media, the big end of town and our friends the ASX have all been complicit in what is an unprecedented attack on ISX and my top reason for this long suspension. Make no mistake ISX has scared this rag tag lot into the realization that their rigged system is vulnerable. ISX found the Achilles heal of the ASX and have the tech and ability to use the NSX as a Trojan Horse to disrupt Australia's financial landscape and the cosy arrangement that sees honest investors in Australia's financial markets disadvantaged by the dubious practices of the aforementioned group.
    I do believe that ISX did not see this level of pushback and had no idea they were actually the defenseless matador raising a very big red flag to a powerful bull.
    I see no real advantage in a takeover of NSX at this point in time. Developing their disruptive trading and clearing platform does not require it and capital management at this time is all important. Also ISX does not have access to the massive amounts of capital needed to backend a rapid market expansion for NSX. This brings up the more important question of how this could be managed. We know that the ASX is fully protected by the Aust Govt from any takeover as evidenced by the Singapore Stock Exchanges failed bid due to the Govt stepping in to stop it. The reason the STE wanted to take over the ASX was because the margins are some of the best globally, a cash cow if you like. Once ISX has their new platform ready to trial and demonstrate there will, I believe, be no shortage of backers like the Singapore SE willing to take a stake in either ISX or NSX or both to join that Trojan Horse. This would provide the market liquidity to attract all that wanted to leave the ASX for a fairer system that ISX/NSX want to provide. This is what is a big worry to the big players in Australia. Someone such as the Singapore SE could easily see the long game that a fully functional disruptive trading and payments platform would have in other global exchanges and also see the massive upside this type of partnership would bring. Now that ASIC has given legal opinion that ISX is not in competition with ASX the Govt would look pretty silly knocking someone like Singapore SE back with ASX having such a dominant position. There is also the possibility that ISX is having these very discussions with a number of overseas exchanges as part of their relisting strategy, relist overseas and partner with the listing exchange to take NSX to the next level. Now wouldn't that shock the old guard.
    Disruptors always find a way to disrupt and if I was ISX that would be my preferred route to a successful relisting on massive news.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.