what if jesus did not die on the cross?, page-88

1. 30,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    Director12,

"A persons actions will always reveal what's in their heart (eventually) and from that you can know if they are REALLY in Christ or not.

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognise them."

So when you notice child molesters and warmongers and control freaks you now know what you are truly seeing, and it's not the Christ of the scriptures."

True. Or at least true in the sense that "child molesters and warmongers and control freaks", can be clearly identified.

But Jesus made more commandments which are more difficult to identify and/or recognise as transgressions. For instance, he said "Do not worry about tomorrow". I know heaps of churchgoing "christians" but it is very difficult to identify any who don't worry about tomorrow. Therefore they cannot be "REALLY in Christ".

The church I go to had an attempt at a pastoral spill. One of the (pro-pastor) ladies sidled up to me and said "you must think we Christians are a really weird bunch!". I said, "not really, you are just like any other group of people; arguments and quarrels develop, some get upset, everyone thinks they are right and the others wrong - the only difference is that some of you (she knew I didn't mean her) think you are better than non-"Christians"". Basically, nothing has changed since the days of Paul! But they all worry - so none are "in Christ".

Also, try finding a christian who will truly "turn the other cheek".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.