what if jesus did not die on the cross?, page-91

1. 24,477 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    Jantimot.

"But Jesus made more commandments which are more difficult to identify and/or recognise as transgressions. For instance, he said "Do not worry about tomorrow". I know heaps of churchgoing "christians" but it is very difficult to identify any who don't worry about tomorrow."

Unless you are God and know everyone's thoughts. But then it's not really any of your business what's in other peoples thoughts. Only when they act on that which is within ("as a man thinks in his heart, so is he.:)does it affect everyone else. But you are right on that point, God is far less concerned with your outwards behaviour than he is with your inward religion.

"Therefore they cannot be "REALLY in Christ"." "

Why not? Isn't this a false assumption on your part? Do you still think that following Christ is about rules and do's and don'ts and how-to's?

"I said, "not really, you are just like any other group of people; arguments and quarrels develop, some get upset, everyone thinks they are right and the others wrong - the only difference is that some of you (she knew I didn't mean her) think you are better than non-"Christians"". Basically, nothing has changed since the days of Paul! "

I agree, but I don't see your point anywhere?
    Christians are people, people are screwups, therefore Christians are screwups too? OK, got it. Now what?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.