Hi MM I agree that single issue parties do not add much to the...

1. 25,363 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Hi MM
    I agree that single issue parties do not add much to the overall picture of our political life

So what is wrong ? why do we have such bad governance ?

IMHO what is wrong is that you just can't get a normal person, put them in parliament, give them loads of power, lots of expense accounts, make them understand that no matter what they do then cannot be held responsible for what they do, and then expect them to give us unbiased good government, it is an impossibility

Our system as it stands requires Gods to be in our parliament.
    Maybe we can resurrect the Greek Gods to rule us ?

If we expect a fair democratic government we have to have rules in place for the politicians and the ability to kick them out if they don't act in our best interests

When you drive the car, when you work, even when you have a dog there are rules that you have to follow, not our politicians they do whatever they like with impunity

So until that happens you have to put up with having a few people with the enthusiasm to do it better who stand as independents and in doing so sometimes impede the quick passage of legislation in parliament rightly or wrongly

I for one will NEVER encourage either of the big two parties in voting for them until they learn to act in our interests

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.