GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

This thread will disappear tomorrow when the Q2 earnings are...

1. 8,739 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2622
    This thread will disappear tomorrow when the Q2 earnings are released and we have our earnings call, but I thought I would end it with some information worthwhile considering when it comes to spot pricing.

"Steve Promnitz, managing director of junior lithium miner Lake Resources, has brushed off concerns of oversupply in the lithium market and says a lack of transparency is masking true pricing and demand in the market.

Mr Promnitz, a former Rio Tinto geologist and Citi investment banker, said that when concerns about oversupply took hold over the past two years, the story was perpetuated as hedge funds started short on lithium stocks.

Mr Promnitz said that although increased lithium production coming online is affecting the market, the benchmark prices used for lithium do not give a full picture.

"The price that you do see is the lithium spodumene spot price or the lithium carbonate spot price but that [represents] less than 10 per cent of the entire market," he said."

There was also some good commentary regarding lithium pricing and also spot pricing in this podcast below, plus a few bonus videos worth watching.

Good night.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.