what in the world is going on, page-11

1. 529 Posts.
    Smiler
    Thank's for the article, I read it all with great interest, and on the surface Meyer presents a logical and rational argument. However, and there is no criticism inherent in my comments, I did some checking to try to understand the background of Meyer, and found the following on "Yahoo Answers":

"Meyer drank the neocon Koolaid - or perhaps mixed and served it. He would have you see the decision to oust Saddam as a logical response to 9/11 and a preemption of new 9/11's. He conflates Saddam with Islamist jihadism, ignoring the fact that Saddam was the most effective counterforce to Islamist radicalism both in Iraq and Iran, where we were his ally. Meyer is an enabler of all the misery and disaster that Bush & Co. have brought upon Iraq and collaterally upon the United States. This paper is made to order for readers who need a pseudo-intellectual rationale for their gut-based support of the administration's aggressive and sometimes unconstitutional initiatives in its barely-concealed effort to secure access to Middle East oil.

BTW, there is no record of his claimed participation in the World Economic Forum at Davos in January."
    ... end of comment.

What's the reason for my post? I have read an enormous number of very well written articles (political, economic, social etc) in the past months, and these articles have either had their detractors (as above) and/or are contradicted by other very well written articles. To get the facts, even assuming one could, for just one article such as this, would take weeks, so consequently, arriving at the facts about anything is becoming increasingly difficult.
    To put it mildly, I find this is an horrific state of affairs because, as a part of the global population we are left not knowing the reasons for the escalating intensity of situations and circumstances that are directly affecting our lives more and more each day, as well as not knowing what situations we can expect to unfold next.

I have this feeling that although there has never been such access to such an enormous amount of information, we have never been as blind in knowing and understanding what is occuring in the world right in front of our eyes, and that more than ever before we are left at the mercy of the media for what we should and shouldn't believe.

Any comments?

Regards
    marz

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.