what is a billion?, page-8

1. 173 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Hi ozeb,

Did Jesus exist?

For Julius Caesar, there are 10 copies found of manuscripts about him. The earliest surviving manuscripts that we have of Julius Caesar are 1000 years older than the original manuscripts about him.

Yet, we all believe Julius Caesar existed, and so we should.

For Jesus, there are 24,000 copies found of manuscripts of the New Testament and they write about Jesus. The earliest surviving manuscripts that we have of Jesus were written within 40 - 90 years after the original manuscripts about him.

Sir Frederick Kenyon, former director and principal librarian of the British Museum puts it like this:

"Both the authenticity and the general integrity of the books of the New Testament may be regarded as finally established" written in The Bible and Archaeology, page 288

You feel by 108 AD Jesus was either a pile of bones or more unlikely up in heaven (but still dead)

I feel by 108 AD Jesus was not a pile of bones but rather up in heaven. The evidence demands a verdict, and i feel that a billion seconds ago Jesus was alive and that a billion seconds into the future, he is still alive, IMHO

I think its something worth thinking about; have a great weekend

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.