Nearing end of my career and have always made good money...

1. 3,746 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 104
    Nearing end of my career and have always made good money relative to peers from my roles in Accounting, then General Management (Sales & Marketing). Really didn't set out that way as chose Accounting to experience living o'seas which I individually then with family, quite extensively. In many ways lucky as wasn't overly ambitious and detest that in self centred folk.

There was a period when I got carried away with myself, and paid the price in some ways. So always keep your values and ego in check!

Now packing away the Super and doing well with our play fund in small to mid cap miners on the strenght of the recovery largely from China, for the first time ever.

So what is good income? Depending on your age say $80 in the 20's, $100+ in the 30's, $150+ in your forties and $200+ in your fifties would be my broad ranges. Need to consider how much travel you like now and when you retire, and how important the big house and car is to you, as well as sending the kids to private school, which in most societies is not necessary.

Money is handy but laughter is dandy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.