MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

what is a mid tier producer?, page-2

1. 1,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    To be considered a mid-tier gold company my opinion only you would need to be producing above 200,000 ounces per annum.
    The market capitalisation of mid tiers can vary based on a number of factors but mostly proven resources in the ground, ease of extraction and cost of extraction.

Those higher cost mid tiers obviously have a lower market capitalisation of the low cost mid tier. As such I would say that the market capitalisation of a mid tier today could range anything between $500,000,000 to $2 billion.

Mudusa which is progucing about 25,000 ounces quarterly at $182 per ounce 13.65g/t average grade currently has a market cap of $1 billion. A lot of the valuation can be attributed to the belief of the large size of the deposit which I believe is yet to be fully drilled and proved 3,000,000 to 7,000,000 ounces.

DOM produces slightly less ounces 22,000 per quarter at a cash cost of about $745 an ounce. The average grade was 6.3 g/t. It has a market cap of about $300,000,000.

I don't know of to many mid tiers to compare but I would say the best company to compare morning star with long term would be mudusa as using historical grades as a basis the average grade is likely to be double from morning star but at a higher cost. Morning also has about 60,000,000 shares on issue.

NG has mentioned previouly he intends to turn MS into a $1 billion dollar company which would mean the share price would be trading around $4.

I hope this helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.