what is an atheist, page-87

1. 17,232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 954
    "I was giving a rebuttal to those on HC - (yes that's a limited sample) who think that God is an imagnary friend for dorks.

Remember when you were a teenager and you thought you knew everything, and your parents looked on with some bemusement (understanding that this is a "stage" of growth)?

To be an atheist is fine by me. To ridicule those who have gone that one step further is disrespectful."

Hi FG Trader.....

Basically yes your so called god does seem to be an imaginary friend for dorks but Ill leave that be for a minute.

Then comes your "remember when you were a teenager analogy"

We if I may rebut also....

Remember when u were a little boy and you thought Father Christmas was true? Im sure the parents look on in bemusemnt then too dont they?

And you were told this story, fairytale....by those that u love and look up to most.

Then what happends is u find out the truth.......some find out earlier than others, some work it out for themselves, some of us just have inquizitive minds and so on.

With this comes a feeling of annoyance, emarrasement,tossed in with a little disbelief, perhaps even anger towarssds those that fibbed for all those years......and then we carry on with the same lie as we grow up and pass it on.

Do u see a pattern?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.