what is an atheist, page-22

1. 5,382 Posts.
    G'day
    I'm an athiest. I don't understand the universe, a little perturbing but never mind, I don't need to have a god who made it. Not that keen on dying but never mind, I don't need to subscibe to one god or another who will welcome me in to paradise one day (with added virgins if I blow a few people up). Sometimes the world looks bleak, but I don't feel the need to get whisked away in a space ship or whatever just before ammargheddon arrives. I have an inner strength that saves me from my supposed natural human wickedness and weakness, no addictions or other frailties requiring an external anchor. I'm happy without performing rituals to a god or gods who if in fact they existed would likely deem religions as somewhat of a strange novelty. For those that do enjoy religion in their lives, please do so in a way that doesn't divide us in to believers and non believers, righteous and infidel, good and bad. Some religious people truly use their faith to think in evil self righteous ways. Get over it, you don't have to believe in a god to be a good person.
    Peace and happiness to all
    cheers
    Rod

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.