what is australias total debt?

1. 25,513 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    The Republic of China has recently added up their debt and although we have heard that in Australia Labor run up a big debt? the question must be is that our total debt?

Taipei Times

Their debt is calculated to have been at the end of 2012 NT$23.4 trillion (Au $1.2 trillion approx)

just how large, exactly, is government debt? At the end of last year, the central government calculated — as it is required to do by the Public Debt Act (?????) — the level of outstanding government debt. It was NT$5.2 trillion. When you add to this other liabilities and debts accumulated by local governments, explicit liabilities amount to around NT$7 trillion. This figure, however, does not include the hidden debt at various levels of government.

Why doesn't Australia have requirement to actually show on a website in plain understandable figures the total debt figure

All the hidden and off book figures should not exist, a debt is a debt, what is Australia's debt?

They are also spending more than they earn so are gradually going further into debt

I'm sure that Dopey has a graph to show us but what I am concerned about is all the other debts that don't appear

On the property section I have often made the assertion that the majority of investors do not know how much their costs actually are I would suspect that the graphs would also only show part of the story the rest would stay hidden
    No this should not be in the political thread it should be beyond politics because the bureaucrats in the public service are the ones who would show these figures if allowed

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.