what is australias total debt?, page-25

1. 9,744 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 462
    Well how do i argue ,i agree abbotts paid maternity leave just doesn't make sense and when you add it to his dames and lords it did it for me,bring on turnbull.
    But i do agree with co payments,and passed 6 years of economic government pathetic.

Just a bit of history,keating did some good things ,i remember one year australian investment in plant and machinery was not good,but i was having a good year and was concerned about company tax and having no interest in politics i was unaware keating introduced a 100% deduction for plant and machinery for a 12 month period which luckily for me just happened to be the year of my largest machinery investments as pointed out by my accountant.But to be fair i believe it was a smart move by keating to fast track investment.etc etc some other policies.

Now my quick but,by memory debt got to $90b which he said is not a problem as long as you can make the repayments eg john laws interview i listened to on a trip to sydney.
    The problem is if you can't make the repayments and yes we moved in the mining boom which was fortunate or how ever you would like to describe it,But what if china didn't take off,what if IO prices didn't go from $10 per ton to nearly $200 per ton and keating continued to increase that $90b debt until the 2007 gfc .
    No china boom to support us,no massive IO price increases,high debt etc we would have been in trouble and imo rudd gillard rudd were on their way to putting us in a similar position.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.