MIK 0.00% 1.5¢ mikoh corporation limited

It didn’t really make sense to me that the activity in Mik’s...

1. jwt
    3,746 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 103
    It didn’t really make sense to me that the activity in Mik’s share price the last few months could be related to a deal about to be signed with the “Treasury” for the development of a new you beaut printer, complete with built-in security – unless of course MIK were going to get a royalty on every note printed, both in this country and every other country buying one of these printers. After all; 4 cents to 40 + is pretty hot.To get an answer to this, a call was needed to Matt Bloomfield in NY. He confirms that there is no royalty (not surprising) and suggested that the buying had nothing to do with printers. The Co is focused primarily on 3 things – security requirements for Gov’t agencies (asset control for example), transportation, and the pharmaceutical industry. The latter is a big one because of the huge counterfeiting problem – particularly with cancer drugs.
    Dealings with Transcore continue and if you look at their website you will see where they stand with things like electronic vehicle registration. Dealings with Telstra – well not much info there, but I get the impression Telstra want in just because they think RFID will be big, and they want a bit. No more than Woolleys wants a bit of the petrol pie.
    There was however no doubt that Matt attributed the recent rise in sp to the focus on transport. We have seen a deal done with a fortune 500 company that has sold electronic vehicle registration tags to a small country. I was unsuccessful in getting the name of the country or the name of the fortune 500 company; although Matt did suggest that the name of this company was alluded to at the AGM ( I wasn’t there). Did anyone get it? But the fact remains that non compliance with car regs, be it rego, emission control, or any of a dozen other laws, costs “the world” billions of dollars.
    This fortune 500 company is trying to sell the concept of Electronic Vehicle Registration (EVR) to every State/Country in the world – on the basis that the States/Countries adopting it will save a motza. These electronic tags have security built in by MIK. My guess is they are worth about $5 each to MIK. Just one country you could name would have 40 mill cars. And that is now. If every State adopts EVR just there alone, that translates to 200 Mill. Think big though – think world.
    Bear in mind, when looking at EVR, there are two sorts it seems – there is being able to register your car electronically, and there is a tag that sits on the car which contains all its history, chassis #’s etc. It is the latter we are talking about.
    A quick google on EVR came up with some interesting stuff. Apart from States in the US offering electronic registration, and Transcore offering a vast array of transportation needs, there was the 3M Company. Now are they a fortune 500 Co? They have a great website and a great series of videos to take you through the whole EVR info process. The INTERESTING part is where they talk about their RFID EVR tags being tamper resistant. Check it out - http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/safety/traffic_control/node_L628X9PCXTbe/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_1PGXVVLN9Xge/gvel_JTGFK6FGN4gl/theme_us_trafficcontrol_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html

Now please, none of this is new info; but it may be useful to people that start to follow the thread and who may be new to Mikoh. The potential for Mikoh is huge; note that I said potential. The printing business is an interesting sideline – it may lead the way to many things. There have been discussions going on with several airports about security issues – I did not get the feeling there was anything in the pipeline. Companies like this are fielding inquiries every day from someone. The focus will probably stay on the big one – transportation.
    I think the directors have earned their options. No doubt those who have been in as long as me will agree.
    Good luck to all holders. Keep the thread alive.
    Cheers
    jwt
    I am, you are; that is the only difference between us.

PS Perhaps someone with more time might like to google and find which country has just instigated EVR for their entire public car fleet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MIK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.