APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

what is bottom, page-488

1. 872 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 265
    I'm no share trading wizard - I even "averaged down" and bought into some more APT at $11.30 on Friday. I know a lot about some aspects of the company most are not exposed to - something my very first post on these very forums was about - and those insights that made me bullish shortly before we had a pandemic.

What I see going on now, is the Afterpay core demographic being hit hard with financial hardship. These are are young (comparatively to my standards), instant gratification demographic which are students, causal and part time workers, single mothers and the like who wanted something they didn't have the patience to save for - but had a reasonable amount of job or income security that they felt they could pay for it over time. This has now changed. They no longer have that job security and that will be reflected in how they spend money.

Revenue for APT will, in my opinion, take a significant hit the next few months at least. They have the balance sheet to show that they can ride this out, but it I think will affect the market sentiment, and thus the share price.

Spare a thought also for all the retailers who won't be able to sell a damn thing because of measures being enforced, or them employing responsible policies and closing or limiting staff numbers.

I'm in the long game, and I really believe APT will weather this current climate and we'll see the share price climb again - but after what I've seen since my last parcel purchase - I think might see an opportunity to "average down" again soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.