APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

It might sound unbelievable but Afterpay has one thing in common...

1. 1,032 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    It might sound unbelievable but Afterpay has one thing in common with social media companies: it's so popular among the younger generation that it's effectively a marketing company.

Look at
    • The traffic it generates for retailers (especially online)
    • Afterpay Day (its own shopping festival)
    • The trend that people are ditching credit cards and opting for Afterpay instead.

This has become a marketing force and I wouldn't want to stand in the way arguing that it's a fad.

As to why it has become the leader in the booming BNPL sector? My view is that it resonates with the younger generation the best (look at its app and website) and of course, luck, i.e. doing the right thing at the right time. Same can be said for those major names in the social media landscape.

As such I'm valuing it as a marketing company accordingly and when it reached ~$10 last week (imo a panic price with a market cap of <US$2bn !), I went nuts accumulating it as much as I can afford.

If I'm wrong I lose 100% worst case, if I'm right it will be many multiples. Why not? Especially given the rationales above the probability is on my side.

Happy to take this bet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.