BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Port, If you care to read any of my past posts on HC, I have...

1. 830 Posts.
    Port, If you care to read any of my past posts on HC, I have always believe there are great potentials for Lani and HRV.

However, Lani’s possible entry into the market is at the worst possible timing. As the World falls deeper and deeper into recession, the pandemic stockpiling has all but evaporated. Even in Japan, with Sankyo’s home turf advantage, QUOTING:
    the JAPANESE Ministry of Health Labor and Welfare
    “Drug resistance is limited to the Soviet-A strain, there is NO NEED TO REVIEW OUR RESPONSE to the new type of influenza,” a Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry representative said. “Vaccines are thought to be effective against drug-resistance viruses. There is NO NEED to be overly anxious.”

And

Quoting Taylor Collison “We understand the Japanese government has not yet determined exactly how to finance the entire stockpile purchase – despite the ¥59.8b (A$1.0b) allocated to the 2009 influenza preparedness budget".

Where is Lani market going to be? We know Relenza’s sale to the seasonal flu market is close to zero. In the seasonal flu market, Lani like Relenza will have to compete with VACCINES and cheaper old drugs such as Rimantine and a host of other generics.

BUT

The biggest drag on BTA is the board and the CEO. Peter Cook’s failures as the CEO of Orbital Engine (OEC) is the proof.

To shower Peter Cook with LTIOs when shareholders had voted down the resolutions is as strange as fiction. It parallel the news John Thain, the former Merrill Lynch chief executive officer who was ousted this week, spent US$1.2 million redecorating his downtown Manhattan office last year as the company was firing employees.
    Thain oversaw the sale of Merrill Lynch to Bank of America last month. Merrill’s US$15.4 billion fourth-quarter loss forced Bank of America to seek additional aid from the U.S. government, which last week agreed to provide US$20 billion in capital and US$118 billion in asset guarantees.
    Get rid of the parasites.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.